In the wake of the First Minister’s recent announcements, from Monday, 19th July, we move to Level 0 of the Covid restrictions. It has practical positive implications for our communal worship. The previous 2-metre social distancing is reduced to 1-metre which means we can use all the pews in our churches. Other restrictions and requirements remain in place for the time being.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn inside the church (unless you are exempt)
- Hand gel must be used at entering the church (exit use is optional)
- Different households must use separate pews (single individuals can share the same pew while keeping the required distance).
Hopefully, all those and other restrictions will be removed by 9th August, the date tentatively planned by the Scottish Government.
We must also continue using the pew booking system for two reasons:
- Separate households must sit in separate pews of which the number is limited;
- We must continue to keep a record of attendees for Test & Trace for 21 days in case of an outbreak.
You can book a pew on the parish website or over the phone each weekday between 19:00 & 19:30 only.