The reopening of our churches – at this stage for individual prayer – is a welcome step towards congregational worship. We are a very welcoming community, but in these unprecedented circumstances, as a parish community we have to face some challenges and restrictions:
- Limited capacity. In line with the Scottish Government’s regulations and guidelines produced by Bishops’ Conference of Scotland a 2-metre distance must be kept between people from different households. It means that every other pew is excluded from use; resulting in 12 pews available for sitting. Each pew is 2.8 metres long. The pew can be occupied at the same time by one person or up to 5 people from one household.
- No pre-booking is required at this stage, but please be aware that we cannot admit more people than our limited capacity allows.
- Safety and hygiene. Each individual arriving at the church must wear a face mask or face covering for the duration they stay inside the church to minimise a possible spread of the virus. Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance and exit to the church. Other means of protection, like gloves, are optional.
Currently, there are three slots when the church is open for individual prayer:
- Monday 11:00 – 12:00
- Tuesday 19:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday 11:00 – 12:00
- Friday 11:00 – 12:00
- Saturday 19:00 – 20:00
We can add more days and times if:
- There’s the demand for more time and
- There are enough volunteers to make it possible
Talking about volunteers, if you’d like to be one please go to this page for more details and a simple application form.